Activities & Attractions
The Wildflower Inn, the Burke and Lyndon area, and the stunning Northeast Kingdom have so many amenities and attractions for everyone.
With over 300 acres and a whole Kingdom to explore, you'll have plenty to do during your stay. Whether you love the adventure of outdoor recreation, browsing shops, galleries and antique stores in the area, or relaxing with a spa treatment, you'll leave feeling rested and rejuvinated.
Four Seasons, For Everyone! We have so many amenities to keep you busy right here, you may not even want to leave the inn during your stay!
We created the inn with the vision of making it a spot for people to unpack, and just unwind. We know how hectic it can be to go on vacation, the feeling that you have to keep going to different locations to experience different things. But here at the Wildflower Inn, you can pick a few activities to do each day, relax, and enjoy the extra time you have by not traveling from place to place. If you feel you want to go exploring, don't pack up! Just head out on a day-trip to one of Vermont's great attractions, Northern New Hampshire's White Mountains, or even explore Southern Quebec.
With the changing of the seasons comes a list of new amenities for you to enjoy right here at the Inn. In the summer, you might enjoy swimming in our heated outdoor pool, an invigorating mountain bike ride on the Kingdom Trails, a leisurely stroll thru the gardens or longer hike on our foot trails. In the winter, try skating on our outdoor rink, nordic skiing, snow-shoeing, Fat Tire Biking, or sledding on the best sledding hill around!
At the inn:
- Mountain Biking and Fat Biking on Kingdom Trails
- Lots of Mountain Bike offerings here at the Inn
- Swimming in our inground heated pool , Kiddie pool and splash area (Memorial Day - Sept 15th)
- Badminton, horseshoes, shuffleboard (all seasonal)
- Hiking on the property and Kingdom Trails
- Snowshoeing and Cross Country Skiing on Kingdom Trails (rentals available)
- Ice Skating
- Playroom and playgrounds
Located in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom, home of Burke Mountain Ski Resort and the Kingdom Trails Mountain Bike Network, you'll love exploring all we have to offer.
Ok - we know you're looking for some great adventure thrills! Look no further than the Wildflower Inn and the Northeast Kingdom. We have loads of recreational opportunities just waiting for you to rip it up! Below are just some of the adventure opportunities waiting for you right here!
With over 300 acres, so many amenities and great local attractions to explore, you'll wish you could stay longer!
In the area:
- Kingdom Trails - Mountain Biking, Cross Country Skiing & Fat Tire Biking at Kingdom Trails
- Canoeing and Kayaking the rivers, ponds and lakes in the area. How about a 2-3 hour kayak trip down the Clyde River provided by our friends at Clyde River Recreation? We highly recommend it!
- Hiking on Mount Pisgah,Wheeler Mountain and Burke Mountain
- Fishing the many rivers, ponds and lakes
- Animal Sanctuary
- Vermont Reindeer Farm
- Golfing at five local golf clubs (St. Johnsbury, Orleans, Newport and Barton, and a family golf course - Grandads - in Newark)
- Road Biking in the Northeast Kingdom
- Running - anywhere you want
- Swimming in glacial-carved Willoughby Lake
- Tree Climbing with New England Tree Climbing
- Skiing & Snowboarding at Burke Mountain
- Ice Climbing at Willoughby Lake
- Night & Day Skiing & Snowboarding at the Lyndon Outing Club
- Snowmobiling - direct access to VAST trails - we can help arrange rentals
- Rock/Ice climbing & Rappelling at Lake Willoughby on Mount Pisgah